I hear from people all the time discussing the negative, toxic behaviors of other people they know that pushes them away. These kinds of behaviors can devastate your family and friends over time.
But we have to be real: we've all acted in toxic ways in the past. Things like gossip, thoughtless anger, and a lack of compassion are something I'm sure we've all done in the past.
Do any of these sound familiar?
1. You're outwardly envious of the people around you.
2. Taking things way too personally.
3. Acting like you're the victim.
4. Holding onto pain and negativity.
5. Chronic negativity.
6. Lack of emotional self-control.
7. Being overly judgmental of others.
8. Being cruel to the people around you.
9. Hiding from your personal truth.
10. Constantly needing validation from others.
11. Being stubborn about your beliefs.
12. Demanding perfection.
13. Lacking empathy for others.
14. Cutting corners because you can.
15. Cheating at life.
16. Lacking any kind of compassion for the people around you.
17. Excessive, hurtful gossiping.
18. Angry outbursts without thinking.
Are any of these traits consistent in your life? If they are, it might be time to work them out. It could be time to consider what they actually mean to you, how they impact others, and really challenge these habits head on.